1. Information we collect
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
Information You Provide: We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Service or use certain Service. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, phone number and any messages, images or other content you send via the chat feature.
Even if you do not create an account, you may opt to provide us with personal information for specific purposes. For instance, you may provide us with an email address to receive marketing material or updates about our services, a phone number so that we may call you back about a customer inquiry, or your name and payment information when you purchase a service.
Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Service, we receive and store certain information including an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Service. We may store such information, or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of messages Users have sent, as well as the Websites which refer visitors to the Site.
Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the Users of the Service, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated User statistics in order to describe our Service to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Info through other services: You may give us permission to collect your information in other services. For example, you may connect a social networking service such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or YouTube to your Account. When you do this, it allows us to obtain information from those accounts (for example, your friends or contacts).
We may use third-party website analytic tools such as Google Analytics on the website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of the Service. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's Website.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish—for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Advertisements: You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Service, you will become a user of the Service. Advertising platforms, which include social media, may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service.
2. Our use of your information
3. Our legal bases for handling of your personal data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our Users, or to take steps at Users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your Account and provide our Service.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes: (i) providing a safe and enjoyable user experience; (ii) customer service; (iii) marketing purposes to let you know about new features; (iv) protecting our users, personnel, and property; (v) analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our Service to optimize the design and placement of certain features; (vi) processing job applications; (vii) legal compliance.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
4. Our disclosure of your information
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Developers: Developers using our software development kit or application programming interface will have access to their end users’ information, including message content, message metadata, and voice metadata. Developers must use such information only to provide the software development kit or application programming interface functionality within their applications and/or services.
- Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments.
- Third-Party Service providers, agents and contractors: these include companies that we engage to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, (iii) protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
5. Unsolicited information
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
Our Service is for Users age 18 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such Users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
7. Third-party service providers, agents, contractors, or government entities
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you.
We may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. We may also engage Service Providers to provide services such as monitoring and developing the Service; aiding in communications, infrastructure, and IT services; customer service; debt collection; analyzing and enhancing data; lawyers, auditors, financial and insurance advisers.
These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the above-listed types of information that we request may be collected by third-party Service Providers on our behalf.
We may share information with Service Providers and government entities for legal, security, and safety purposes. This includes sharing information in order to enforce policies or contracts, address security breaches, and assist in the investigation of fraud, security issues, or other concerns.
We require Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the data and personal information that we provide to them securely. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your data and personal information except in connection with providing their services.
8. Links to other sites
We take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
10. Protection of data
11. Data retention
We will cease to retain our documents containing personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the Purpose for which that personal data was collected or further processed is no longer being served by retention of the personal data.
Moreover, we will cease to retain your personal data when you choose to close and delete your CCC account.
The security of your personal details is of utmost importance to us and we employ stringent security measures to make sure that your details cannot be accessed by third parties who we do not already have a trusted relationship and agreement with.
We have also implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect the security of the personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Our security procedures also means that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests.
However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and error free. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable measures designed to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and any transmission of data via our Website is therefore carried out at your own risk and we shall not be liable except as expressly set out in these Terms.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a unique and complex password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. You should also take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Your data and personal information may be transferred to, and stored in or outside the United Arab Emirates. In submitting your data and personal information to us and using our Service, you acknowledge and expressly consent to have your data and personal information transferred to, processed, and stored in the United Arab Emirates or in another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
13. Your data rights and choices
We believe that Users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all Users, regardless of their location.
You can update certain information by accessing your profile via “Settings.” You can also unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above.
Individuals in certain jurisdictions have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
If you would like to access the data we have about you, kindly contact us at [email protected] and we will provide you with the personal data we have about you within 30 days.
In addition to the functionality available through the “Settings” of the Service, in which you can correct, update, amend, or delete certain personal data, you can also request other modifications from us directly along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
We offer you the ability to restrict the processing of your data for specific uses, which you can find in the “Settings” page of the Website. Individuals in the European Economic Area have the right to opt out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please see the “Settings” page for your Account. You may also click the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
14. Privacy complaints
16. Contacting us